Our terms of business
You acknowledge that taking part in this activity involves certain inherent risks that might result in injury or loss to you, your party or others. You acknowledge that you and all members of your party have received satisfactory instruction as to the safe operation of the E-bikes and had a test ride to ensure that the bicycle is a comfortable and safe fit, and everyone is capable of riding it. The E-bikes have been supplied in a safe working condition and helmets have been provided. Therefore, you accept sole responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others in your group. Please make sure that all of your group understand these conditions of hire.
The hirer making the booking must be age over 18, riders must all be over the age of 16. Riders age 14 (min legal limit) and 15 may be permitted by on the understanding that they must be with a responsible adult at all times and MUST wear a helmet. We reserve the right to refuse an e-bike to anyone who we deem not safe to ride it.
Two items of ID are required per party (can include the credit card and a photo ID such as a driver’s licence or passport)
You accept liability for any prosecution or claim arising from your actions during the period of hire.
E-bikes and all equipment remain the property of Jaunt-E Bikes. By signing this agreement, you consent to Jaunt-E Bikes charging the cost of any loss or damage to your credit or debit card.
Credit Card details are held for the duration of the hire and Jaunt-E Bikes reserves the right to additionally charge your credit card should an E-bike or equipment be lost without satisfactory locking or returned late or in a damaged or unreasonable condition.
Always lock the E-bike if you leave it. If you leave an E-bike unattended, lock it through the frame and rear wheel to a secure object, using the lock provided
Helmets are included in the price of hire, although not a legal requirement, we recommend you use them. Helmets are mandatory for riders under 18.
You will keep to paved roads and dedicated off-road cycle-paths or bridleways and will not use the E-bike for 'adventure mountain bike' type riding.
You will not ride E-bikes through deep water
You will use the E-bike in a responsible, safe way, keeping to the rules of the road. You will not engage in racing, pace-making, time trials or speed testing.
You will not lend the E-bike to anyone.
You will bring the E-bike back by the time agreed, if you have a problem please call us. The late return of a bicycle will be charged at £10 per hour. More than 12 hours and the E-bike will be assumed stolen and the police informed. If you wish to return the E-bikes early, please let us know so we can arrange to meet you.
Lost keys will be charged at £50 per set. Lost locks will be charged at £85 and lost helmets £40.
You must report any problems or damage on return to the Jaunt-E Bikes representative.
Our prices include a 250W Super Monkey Electric Bike (or very similar), helmet, pump, lock and a mobile mechanic backup service (9am-5.30pm). Additional equipment such as bags, trailers etc are also available to hire or purchase. Sorry but the design is not suitable for child seats or tag-alongs.
We actively encourage you to wear a helmet and all E-bikes will be supplied with one for each rider. If you wish to refuse this service, you may be asked to sign a waiver. Young riders age 17 and under and children in trailers MUST wear a helmet.
Delivery and collection:
If you would like to take advantage of our free Door2Door delivery, please email us first to check availability. We have a limited number of slots for morning delivery and afternoon collection within a 12-mile radius of Milford on Sea.
All our E-bikes and helmets and accessories will be thoroughly cleaned between customers using products conforming to the EN14476 standard. After the cleaning regime everything will be stored in a well-ventilated location ensuring they are dry before the next use. Staff will offer to wear a face mask while dealing with your delivery and transactions, we operate a paperless system and electronic equipment such as card machines and I-pads will be wiped down between customers.
Whilst social distance restrictions are in place staff are currently only able to help you with helmet fitting suggestions but are not currently able to carry out actual fitting.
The General Terms and Conditions
When you make your online booking you will need to agree to our general Terms and Conditions.
The Hirer is Jaunt-E
The Hiree is You, the lead person that makes the booking
As the lead Hiree, I confirm that I am age over 18, I am responsible for all young riders aged 17 under and ensure that they MUST wear a cycle helmet as a condition of hire. Young riders will only be issued with equipment when accompanied by a parent or guardian over 18 years of age. I acknowledge the minimum legal age for riding an electric bicycle in England is 14 and it is my responsibility to ensure that all riders are of a legal age.
2. As the lead Hiree, I acknowledge that all E-bikes and equipment remain the property of Jaunt-E Bikes.
3. As the lead Hiree, I understand that I am responsible for any loss or damage of equipment. Credit Card details are held for the duration of the hire and the Hirer reserves the right to additionally charge your credit card should an E-bike or equipment be lost without satisfactory locking or returned in a damaged or unreasonable condition.
4. As the lead Hiree, I understand that I am responsible for all equipment relating to this agreement which will be listed on your online web order or pre-printed hire form, available when I collect your E-bikes. I confirm that I will be responsible for the payment of any damage (including third party) caused as a consequence of any dangerous cycling, loss of control, negligence or loss of equipment if the cycles are not locked to a fixed object through the frame and front wheel. Proof of lock breakage is required for any insurance claim.
5. As the lead Hiree, I confirm we are ALL competent cyclists. I recognise we will be riding cycles which we may not be familiar with and as such we will exercise additional care and attention. ‘The Hirer’ lends cycles on the understanding that EVERY rider can use power assisted pedal assist function and gears properly.
6. As the lead Hiree, I understand that in the event of mechanical failure, refunds are only given per E-bike (not group) and only if the hirer could not restore the journey or allow extra time to complete the ride. Refunds CANNOT BE GIVEN for punctured tyres or damage caused to gears as a result of incorrect use. I accept that I may have to accept responsibility for E-bike damage caused by incorrect use of equipment and that the nature of any off-road cycling makes this a possibility.
7. As the lead Hiree, I acknowledge the hirer strongly recommends the use of safety helmets. I assume full responsibility for any accident, injury or death which should occur as a result of taking this decision.
8. As the lead Hiree, I acknowledge that safe cycling is dependent on my alertness and good judgement. I/We will not cycle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. We will cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the natural habitat. We are expected to follow the Highway Code and New Forest Cycling Code.
9. As the lead Hiree, I understand that I am responsible for bringing equipment back by the time agreed or for letting the hirer know if there is a unavoidable delay. The late return of an E-bike will be charged at £10 per hour. More than 12 hours and the E-bike will be assumed stolen and the police informed.
10. As the lead Hiree I confirm that I will be responsible for the payment of any surcharge levied as a result of the cycles being returned later than the agreed time, in an excessively dirty state, or requiring remedial work beyond ‘The Hirer’s normal post-hire maintenance. Lost keys will be charged at £50 per set. Lost locks will be charged at £85 and lost helmets £40. I must report any problems or damage on return to the hirer.
11. Cycling can be dangerous and has risks involved. By signing this Agreement, I declare myself and my party to be in good health and not be suffering from any medical condition or disability which is likely to adversely affect normal control of the E-bike.
12. I agree that myself and my party will not undertake any manoeuvres which are beyond our level of skill or beyond the design purposes of the equipment provided by ‘The Hirer’.
13. I agree that I and my party will not to ride on pavements or footpaths and keep to the Official Cycle Network within the National Park. A £500 fine may be levied against you by officers of the Forestry Commission for damage caused to land or livestock off the permitted cycle network. Please note the whole of the New Forest has SSSI status.
14. I understand that in the event of a mechanical failure other than punctures, ‘The Hirer’ will offer a breakdown service for the cycle but not the individual (due to insurance constraints) between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
15. I fully indemnify ‘The Hirer’ against claims of injury to myself, my group or any third party unless it can be proven that ‘The Hirer’ did not fulfil reasonable maintenance procedures for the equipment being used.
16. This Agreement is covered by English Law. In the event that any part of the Agreement is for any reason unenforceable the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.