Updated: Oct 22
.....Whilst Cycling in Milford on Sea and Keyhaven
The difference between a good day cycling a great day cycling is where you stop along the way. The freshest coffee, the tastiest cake or world beating bacon sarnie. We’re local, we like our food and we know all the best Milford On Sea restaurants, cafes and places to stop and refresh. We’re sharing our unbiased tips and secrets for the best places to eat which means that you squeeze the best out of day and your Milford on Sea restaurant visit, enjoying your e-bike experience to the absolute max. In no particular order as they are all smashers.
You’re welcome :-)
1. Saltwater Café – lovely brunch type food, great service and décor. Super smoothies. Local’s fave. Closed Mondays
2. Ray’s Italian – woodfired pizzas, tasty takeaway deli fayre, and a lovely courtyard garden with legendary hospitality from the lovely Stacey. Opens 10am into the evening. Closed Sun/Mon
3. The Lighthouse – seafront eaterie opens for breakfast and into the evening. Lively atmosphere, with seasonal fresh anglo/European menus and great cocktails. Consistent and cheery. Popular with locals. Book ahead in high season for a table or grab a bacon sarnie from the takeaway hatch. Open 7 days
4. Coastal Bakery – massively popular bakery run by the lovely Amanda. Try their daily fresh sausage warm rolls and daily fresh patisserie. Best place ever for picnics. Closed Sundays and Mondays in Winter. Open until 3.
5. The Paddle on the Green – always cheerful, really great coffee and amazing daily brunch specials. Sit on the green and soak up the village bustle. Open till 2. Closed Tue and Wed
6. Pickled Weasel – lovely little bakehouse offering freshly made takeaway bakes and sandwiches. Try their very popular scotch eggs and pasties. Excellent takeaway coffee. Open 9-3. Closed Monday.
7. The Gun Inn – top pub food with a really lovely beer garden and outdoor kitchen. Book ahead if you want to eat as it's super popular! Opening hours seem a bit whimsical so check website or socials :-)
8. The Cave – lively little wine bar on the green with huge wine menu. Tapas too. Enjoy a cold one in the sunshine and watch the world go by. Closed Sun and Mon
9. Needles Eye – best for a wide selection of New Forest ice cream, enjoyed seafront, on the beach. Open 7 days
10. Mr.Pinks chippy – on the village green. Not quite a pub or restaurant but everything is cooked to order so there is always an eager queue. No better way to eat it than on the beach, straight out the paper. Perfection.
They all also have safe places nearby to lock your bike and something special to offer – so try out our top recommendations for making the most out of your day on two wheels along the New Forest coast next time you’re here. But, shhhhh, don’t tell everyone or they will all want to go!